[sugar] Python 2.5

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Mon Jan 22 07:39:40 EST 2007

Hello,

I moved sugar-jhbuild to use python 2.5. So far I found it breaks our
xmlrpc code (we was using private API there it seem, Dan if you could
have a look...).

It would be good to move the images to use python 2.5 asap, so that we
don't have to worry about compatibility. How do we go about that?

I see two possibilities:

* Move to a rawhide snapshot. Is rawhide currently good enough? Are
there known stoppers?
* Use our python packages and rebuild stuff as necessary.

I guess the first option would be more convenient in the case we want to
base the final images on FC7.

Marco