[sugar] activity executing other aplications

"João Bosco A. Pereira Filho" jpf
Fri Feb 23 07:08:14 EST 2007

Hi!

    I want to port an existing aplication for Sugar. For that, I've
created an activity for it just like this:

    /import logging
    from sugar.activity.Activity import Activity

    import sys, os
    import gtk

    class FooActivity(Activity):

        def __init__(self):
            Activity.__init__(self)

            self.set_title('Foo Activity')

           os.system('foo &')
    /

    When I click on the icon, the application opens fine and appears in
the central circle but not in the frame (where you close/share it).
    When I close the aplication (using it's own menu), the icon of the
activity in the frame appears and I can close it.

    Does anybody knows what is wrong? Is there a better way to call
another aplication?

    thanks!

--
Jo?o Bosco A. Pereira Filho