[sugar] Re: Zoomable tracking protocol for non-windowed Cairo based objects.

Antoine van Gelder hummingbird
Fri Feb 23 04:08:10 EST 2007

Don Hopkins wrote:
> On the topic of tracking with non-windowed cairo objects, and zoomable
> interfaces:
>
> Here is a design document describing the ScriptX Tracking Service that I
> developed at Kaielda, to solve some of these problems inherent with
> efficiently delivering events to graphical (non-windowed) objects,
> through a series of transformations (and offscreen buffers).

This looks pretty cool - thanks Don!

I've implemented a lot of this functionality but to put it bluntly it's
been crying out for a refactor - I particularly like the way you're
decoupling the event coord transforms - this is something that has been
causing me particular pain as I've tried to scale up my object model.

  :-D

  - antoine