[sugar] [RFC] teach sugar to update oom_adj

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Tue Feb 20 11:12:11 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 21:28 +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 01:51:07PM +0100, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > Is /proc/pid/oom_adj supposed to be user writable?
>
> It needs capable(CAP_SYS_RESOURCE). Is OLPC going to employ SELinux or
> somesuch for Bitfrost? If not then some kind of mini-server running as
> root will be needed to traverse the security barrier.

We already have that (hardwaremanager on dev.laptop.org).

Though I think functionality which is generic and fit in HAL should just
go there (less code for us to maintain). I have no idea if oom_adj fits
in HAL.

Marco