[sugar] sugar-clipboard does not shutdown

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Sun Feb 18 05:44:24 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 15:50 +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 11:18:54AM +0100, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 15:26 +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> > > This is a pretty minor problem but I noticed:
> > >
> > > $ ps -Af |grep sugar-clipboard | wc -l
> > > 24
> >
> > How are you closing sugar? ctrl+c-ing the emulator?
>
> Yes.
>
> > If you use alt+q from inside sugar it should not leak processes.
>
> OK, but why can't sugar-clipboard fail gracefully like everything else?

I think sugar-clipboard is leaked because it doesn't make an X server
connection. The other processes are not exiting gracefully but they are
dieing because gtk kills them when the X connection is lost.

We need to figure out a good session shutdown strategy at some point.

Marco