[sugar] Trying to create an activity icon

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Mon Feb 12 09:18:43 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 10:46 -0300, Gonzalo Delgado wrote:
>  Hello there again. Dispite my lack of artistic skills, I'm trying to
> create an icon for the activity I'm working on. I did a very basic one
> using Inkscape and following the specifications from the wiki, but I
> can't get it to change colors when the mouse cursor is over it. I even
> tryied modifying the TamTam icon, then adding the lines :
>
> <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN"
> "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd" [
>   <!ENTITY fill_color "#FFFFFF">
>   <!ENTITY stroke_color "#000000">
> ]>
>
> with a text editor (excuse me if this is lame, I just never had to do
> this sort of thing), but then the mose-hover-effects are gone :(

You need to actually use the entities in the xml... Your icon should
have two colors, instead of putting the color in the xml you put
&fill_color; and &stroke_color;.

To do this you usually create the icon in some svg editor, and then
substitute colors with entities in the xml file with a text editor.

Marco