[sugar] Tinderbox for building Sugar

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Sun Feb 11 18:50:56 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 10:42 -0500, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
> So it looks like we've got tinderbox results for the full hardware build:
>
> http://learn.laptop.org/tinderbox/
>
> But I don't see any centralized tinderbox results for sugar builds across
> various OS environments.
>
> I'm building Sugar pretty much nightly on my FC6 box, and I continue to
> see failures.  On the build from 2/9, it was Artwork failing to build that
> hosed the whole thing.
>
> Would it be useful to you to see these tinderbox reports for Sugar itself?

I think it would be *really* useful to have tinderbox. mozilla.org use
it a lot and with very good results afaict. jhbuild has some support for
it, so it should not be particularly difficult to setup.

A couple of thoughts about it:

* I think it should only cover the sugar platform, not his dependencies
since we don't have a lot of controls on them and base should be built
only occasionally anyway. (i.e. we should cover sugar-jhbuild build
only)

* I think we need a way to notify people that broke the build and this
needs to be automatic.(by email, irc, whatever).

Marco