[sugar] Trouble with sugar-jhbuild

Ryan Pavlik abiryan
Wed Feb 7 18:01:17 EST 2007

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 15:34 -0600, Ryan Pavlik wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to build Sugar on AMD64 Edgy.  SInce it's a Python 2.4
>> distro, I'm doing the build meta-sugar-base.  Everything appears to
>> build fine in the base packages except avahi - I am getting the
>> following error in configure:
>>
>> checking for python module gtk... no
>> configure: error: Could not find Python module gtk
>> *** error during stage configure of avahi: ########## Error running
>> ./autogen.sh --prefix /home/ryan/srctrees/sugar-jhbuild/build --libdir
>> '${exec_prefix}/lib64' --disable-qt3 --disable-qt4 --disable-mono
>> --disable-monodoc --disable-manpages --enable-compat-howl
>> --enable-compat-libdns_sd --disable-gdbm --disable-libdaemon  *** [26/29]
>>
>> This is on a clean everything, fresh git pull.
>>

> OK, here the problem is that some distributions patch python to install
> modules in lib64, while unpatched python install them in lib. I checked
> in a patch to export both paths. Please give it a try and see if it
> solve your problem.
>
> Marco

Unfortunately it seems the problem is still not solved, even though I
appear to be building python from within sugar-jhbuild's own controlled
environment.  Same error message as before.  Neither of the files
previously asked about are in the lib64 directory, and configure must
not be seeing them in the lib directory.

Thanks for your help!

Ryan

--
Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer, Art Lead: www.abisource.com

"Optimism is the father that leads to achievement."
 -- Helen Keller

"The folder structure in a modern Linux distribution such as Ubuntu
was largely inspired by the original UNIX foundations that were
created by men with large beards and sensible jumpers."
 -- Jono Bacon, The Ubuntu Guide