[sugar] Errors building mozilla in meta-sugar-base

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Mon Feb 5 14:22:24 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 13:09 -0500, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:

> Yeah, same problem, evidently.  I'm installing firefox-devel to see if
> that gets around it.

Not really sure what's the problem there. Several people had the same
problem on this list (but with different libraries), a clean build
solved the issue for them. It seem to be specific to sugar-jhbuild
though, from a quick google search.

I wonder if it might be related to the fact that we --disable-static.
I'm going to remove that and see if it helps.

> >> Does that mean that we should be recommending the installation of
> >> firefox-devel prior to building meta-sugar-base?
> >

> > I was suggesting that as a workaround but I'd rather have people using
> > xulrunner, because that's what we use on the images and it needs
> > testing.
>
> OK, so my next dumb question: why isn't xulrunner included in
> meta-sugar-base?

xulrunner == mozilla in meta-sugar-base (it's the module it was failing
to build for you).

Marco