[sugar] sugar-jhbuild / avahi

Trent Lloyd lathiat
Sat Feb 3 06:13:48 EST 2007

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 04:19:07PM +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> I've got all the base dependencies from debian testing & experimental
> except for avahi. I see it tests:
>
> python  -c 'import avahi'
>
> Anybody know which deb to install to provide this? The obvious choice,
> python-avahi, doesn't help.

python-avahi should provide this, is sugar-jhbuild using it's own python
version/library paths?

I thought sugar-jhbuild built avahi but if not you could copy the avahi
python module it's pretty simple.

That said it also needs to speak to an avahi-daemon which requires the
system bus and I assumed sugar-jhbuild would give its own version of
that too. (I couldn't get sugar-jhbuild to work so not sure about the
various statements above as indicated)

Cheers,
Trent