[sugar] sugar-jhbuild changes

Mike Hunter mhunter
Fri Feb 2 16:36:28 EST 2007

On Feb 02 at 14:26, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 11:57 -0500, Mike Hunter wrote:
[snip]

> Added a check for automake 1.7. You should install the package and
> retry...

Thanks, that got it going, but not to completion:

configure: WARNING: *** TIFF loader will not be built (TIFF library not found) ***
configure: error:
*** Checks for TIFF loader failed. You can build without it by passing
*** --without-libtiff to configure but some programs using GTK+ may
*** not work properly
*** error during stage configure of gtk+: ########## Error running ./autogen.sh --prefix /home/mhunter/sugar-jhbuild/build  --disable-static --disable-gtk-doc *** [14/29]

Did you change something about the python 2.5 check?  All of a sudden the
sanity check (`sugar-jhbuild build`) no longer complains about it.  Or...is
it looking to the partially built build-base for python?

The only thing the sanity-check is complaining about at this point is
avahi.  But I don't understand the warning because as far as I can tell,
avahi is working and wired into python (2.4 and 2.5):

% /usr/bin/python2.5 -c 'import avahi'
% echo $?
0
% python -c 'import avahi'