[sugar] sugar-update: your friendly neighborhood auto-installation script

Eben Eliason eben.eliason
Wed Aug 29 18:47:11 EDT 2007

Alrighty, here's a new version of the script.  The key changes over
the first version are:

- Support for updating to latest firmware
- Automatic creation of boot directory and needed files

One side effect of the new automatic creation of the boot directory is
that the script now wants the path in which that directory will live
(the path to the flash drive), and not the boot directory itself.
However, I also added a little check which makes it behave logically
if the boot directory path is specified by accident.

Please refer to the wiki for documentation, and please do test it out
so that we can eliminate any bugs I may have missed.  I still haven't
managed to upload the actual script to the wiki as either .py, .zip,
or .txt.  Does someone else want to give it a shot and see if it's me
or the wiki?

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Autoreinstallation_image#Preparing_the_latest_image_.28automatically.29

- Eben