[sugar] How to try TamTam - noob questions (sorry!)

imm ian
Sat Aug 25 16:47:43 EDT 2007

On 25 Aug 2007, at 17:26, Nathana?lL?caud? wrote:

> I have the exact same problem with TamTam in jhbuild.  It used to
> work fine a
> few weeks ago, but there was an update to alsalib and it partly
> broke the sound
> output in TamTam.  Our engine guy fixed it on the XO but it still
> doesn't work
> fine in jhbuild.  I'll try to bug him again about the issue.

OK - but I'd just reiterate "for the record" as it were, that I now
have it working just fine on one box, and broken on another. The
alsalib and csound versions on the two boxes are ostensibly identical.
I assume it is differences in the sound drivers involved that are
causing the problem but thus far that is purely speculation. Csound
is rumoured to be sensitive to the actual sound hardware used, I hear...
--
Ian