[sugar] How to try TamTam - noob questions (sorry!)

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch
Fri Aug 24 12:24:11 EDT 2007

imm wrote:
> On 24 Aug 2007, at 1:12, Nathana?lL?caud? wrote:

> Hey, what do you know - this time it seems to be working, sort of...
> I don't know what I did differently but TamTam has started. Well, I
> have the launcher screen, and there's an annoying clicking coming
> from the speakers.
>
> Select TamTamJam, hit a few keys - yes, I get instrument sounds - but
> still nasty clicking.

We found clicky-poppy-loopy-static-y effects on my normal (non-XO)
laptop when trying to run csound audio.  We 'fixed' it by specifying
largish buffers (-b2048 -B2048) in our code[1].  From our reading of the
docs/forums it seems that this kind of system-specific configuration is
often necessary to get csound to behave (hence having flags on the
command line for tweaking the values in the standard file-playing
tool).  I think you can do something similar with a configuration file
in "normal" csound, but I'm not sure if the python API or TamTam will
look at that file automatically.

HTH,
Mike

[1] http://blog.vrplumber.com/1876