[sugar] Sharing data between activities.

Eben Eliason eben.eliason
Fri Aug 24 11:04:44 EDT 2007

> Not that good, actually :) For the most part I fully agree with you, and
> for the Slider Puzzle that could be a solution, but the Jigsaw, opposed
> to what the Slider does, keeps the original image aspect ratio and
> calculates the best fit size for pieces from that. So a different image
> will have a different cut and potentially a different number of pieces
> horizontally of vertically.

Ah, interesting. So that puts us in a position of offering the user the
choice to:

a) scale the newly chosen image to fit the current puzzle, ignoring aspect
b) starting a new puzzle from scratch with the new image

Or c) simply choosing one of the above two options for them.  I really don't
know which is the best solution, to be honest.  You can be smart about it
and just swap the image assuming the aspect ratio is the same (somewhat
likely, since every photo they take with the camera (and likely all drawings
they make as well) will have the same ratio anyway, and start from scratch
otherwise.  Of course, that's not necessarily predictable for the kids,
either, which would make me cautious about it.  In either case, this is
hopefully an infrequent circumstance.

But, for the most part, the idea is pretty good. Having a single image
> that is always started with a fresh puzzle activity (one not from a
> previous game) is also pretty good, if a bit "different" from what we
> are aiming at. I will talk to those who decide on Monday and will see
> what their feedback is on this.

Sounds good!  Thanks for all the discussion so far; it's been really useful.
 - Eben