[sugar] Sharing data between activities.

Carlos Neves cn
Fri Aug 24 06:40:55 EDT 2007

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On 8/24/07, Carlos Neves <cn at sueste.net> wrote:
>
>> - The images bundled are art done by kids on the MaMaMedia site. They
>> are examples and can be trimmed down considerably, but they are also
>> reasons to be proud for the kids that did them, so I guess that if we
>> can keep the whole bunch, we will.
>>

> Installing a bunch of example images with the activity bundle sounds
> like a really bad idea to me, given our space limitation
> (independently from the fact that you want them share between multiple
> activities). Why don't we just make these available separately, as a
> content bundle (.xol)? That way kids can install and uninstall these
> when they want through the journal.
>
> Marco

Well, that is by far the best idea I've heard on the shared content
issue! So I could provide the data as a separate bundle and kids use it
from the Journal. And, if I can get my way with tagging and listing
stuff from the datastore programatically I can even keep the categorized
view in the activities...

Where can I find out more about these .xol bundles. It's the first time
I read about them.

Thanks,

Carlos Neves
cn at sueste.net