[sugar] Sharing data between activities.

Ivan Krstić krstic
Thu Aug 23 23:39:43 EDT 2007

On Aug 23, 2007, at 11:32 PM, Carlos Neves wrote:
> In it I save the puzzle's current state and a *pointer* to the
> image being used, not the image itself. What you are saying, if I
> understand correctly is that I should save the whole image with
> every pickling?

The datastore will be getting support for versioning to deal with
this scenario properly.

> I mean, the whole UI concept I like, and my kids love (I have a
> great test team :) ) but the whole security / safety / isolation
> thing is just a bit too much for me. It may be a non-problem in the
> end, but for now it has been nothing but a pain for me, and I
> suppose that's not its intention ;)

Well, broadly speaking, the security model is a non-problem for most
activity authors. You're attempting to do something unusual (in XO
land, so far) without considering how our security works, and it
doesn't surprise me that this has been causing you pain. This is
partly also our fault, since there isn't a document summarizing the
(long) Bitfrost spec and its implications for casual developers. I've
CC'd Mike Fletcher who might be the person to write such a primer.

I'd invite you to answer my previous e-mail about the concrete use
cases where dealing with the security system is "too much" for you so
that we can see how to best resolve the issues.

--
Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org