[sugar] Sharing data between activities.

Carlos Neves cn
Thu Aug 23 22:57:42 EDT 2007

Ivan Krsti? wrote:
> On Aug 23, 2007, at 10:45 PM, Carlos Neves wrote:
>
>> What about if the activity, on first start, would feed the images to
>> the datastore (the ones not already there) and then delete them from
>> the activity installation folder? This would solve both the image
>> sharing, update syncing and space saving issues all at once, while
>> also making the images available to other activities such as Paint
>> and the like?
>
> This won't work. Your activity can't get things out of the datastore
> without user interaction. The datastore is meant as a store for _user_
> documents.

Wait, does this mean I can't load an object from the datastore
programaticaly ? There goes the neighborhood! So all my assumptions on
using the datastore to retrieve stuff based on tags is simply flawed?
Why was this decision made?