[sugar] How to try TamTam - noob questions (sorry!)

imm ian
Wed Aug 22 14:18:31 EDT 2007

On 22 Aug 2007, at 2:34, Nathana?lL?caud? wrote:

> Do you have access to IRC ?  If so, I can help you troubleshoot,
> I'm usually on
> #olpc, #sugar and #tam_tam on freenode, my nick is Flipo.

In principle, yes. In practice it seems I am Too Old to get IRC.
More seriously, timezones are an issue, and my brain doesn't work
right for IRC - I need the slow-time of mailing lists to think about
what I'm told (else I come across as even more of an idiot than usual..)

> TamTam had some troubles in the latest releases of Sugar.  Updating
> sugar to the
> latest version (sugar-jhbuild update and then sugar-jhbuild build)
> might solve
> the issue.

Yes, I think my build id pretty current - it was last updated around
21:00Z on the 20th August. The libabiword-plugins and chat-activity
issues I had before are resolved now, but TamTam will not play nice -
I really think I've missed something fundamental when I installed it...

Thanks once again for your input,
--
Ian