[sugar] Some discussion on education

Chris Ball cjb
Thu Aug 16 15:46:11 EDT 2007

Hi Yoshiki,

   > This discussion might make you think that claiming a video chat app
   > as "the killer app" is not a very compelling pitch as an
   > educational project...

Hm, it doesn't make me think that.  This is the list of "non universals"
that the thread would like to see taught more:

   - reading and writing
   - deductive abstract mathematics
   - model based science
   - equal rights
   - democracy
   - perspective drawing
   - theory of harmony (?)
   - similarities over differences (?)
   - slow deep thinking
   - agriculture
   - legal systems

Let's exclude reading/writing, math and drawing, since they're aimed
at by traditional education.  What could be a higher-bandwidth way
for children to learn about the rest of the list than to have a global
video conversation with each other, child to child, finding out what's
different between them and children in other countries, and why?

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>