[sugar] A Launcher Activity

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Tue Aug 14 11:58:38 EDT 2007

On 8/14/07, Carlos Neves <cn at sueste.net> wrote:
> The problem with current builds, specifically 542, is twofold:
> - the 'success' and 'error' signals no longer exist and

The idea is to show error messages on launch failure?

Ccing Eben, it was discussed recently and our feeling was that the
icon disappearing from the home page was all the feedback we could
give to the user. Displaying a "Activity blahblah cannot start." would
just be more intrusive without providing any additional information.

> - Home view is brought to front

I guess I don't see why we should not use the normal startup
notification in the case of an activity launching another one.

Marco