[sugar] Native code activity and DBus

Keith R. Fieldhouse olpc
Sat Aug 11 17:35:13 EDT 2007

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Make sure you set the props before opening the window - Sugar
> unfortunately does not track property changes. Neither does it track
> service creation, but that's a different issue.

Yep, that's the problem.  I modified homemodel.py as suggested in the
other thread and it's clear that the properties aren't  set yet.  The
problem is that when I try to set the properties of the GDK window
before show(), I get a runtime error becuase the window is invalid.
Sigh.  It is a toplevel window so I'm pretty sure there is a real window
there, I just have to figure out how to get it.

Thanks very much for your help,

Keith