[sugar] eBook software

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne
Sun Apr 15 18:57:05 EDT 2007

G'day,

I'm wanting to work on the ebook capabilities of the laptop, and I've
found two starting points:

There's this code written by John Resig, which seems to be a prototype
of a web based ebook reader:
http://dev.laptop.org/git.do?p=ebook-browser-reader;a=summary

There's the 'xbook' software, which is an evince viewer that is
labelled "Read" and is distributed with 385. It is worth noting that
this is a PDF viewer, not a general ebook reader.

Is there anyone else working on software for the laptop for the
purpose of reading text?

--
Stephen Thorne

"Give me enough bandwidth and a place to sit and I will move the world."
  --Jonathan Lange