[sugar] FW: Touchpad XO

Xavier Alvarez xavi.alvarez
Fri Apr 6 09:50:23 EDT 2007

How about two closed hands (fists) with either the index or thumbs
projecting?

The index, afaik, is universally regarded as the pointing
finger/device, while the thumb is used a lot when 'tapping' on
the buttons. In some places it's common to use the middle finger
as the pointer, but... ;)

By representing both hands, you don't need to read to understand
or differentiate them and there's very little associated meaning
with the symbols used -- they are not abstract symbols. And can
be used to teach left/right concept :)

BTW, what about lefties? I don't think they should be
discriminated against by using the 'alternative' symbol for
clicking... imho, they should both be as 'neutral' as possible,
without denoting any 'preference' or 'abstract sequence' in which
one is before the other.

Cheers,
Xavier

--