[sugar] X fonts, and Cairo fonts

Behdad Esfahbod besfahbo
Thu Apr 5 18:14:08 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 13:39 -0800, Alan Kay wrote:
> I'm all for Cairo and we plan to use it as much as possible (and
> completely when it does all the things it needs). I'm just pointing
> out that the time domain is not free on this machine.

Right.  An example of the kind of optimization that Bert suggests is to
load PNGs instead of SVGs.  Marco hints that when HippoCanvas becomes
smarter, this may happen transparently...

Guess what, Gtk+'s icon lookup already supports this...  No idea if
Sugar loads icons using Gtk+ or directly using librsvg.

Cheers,
behdad