[sugar] rsync directory?

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Mon Apr 2 04:31:54 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 10:12 +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> > Yeah, that's true for application data. With the trial1 file based
> > system we are using home to store documents, images etc though.
>
> That's the first time I hear of that. It would be no problem to
> change etoys to store projects in the home directory - but you would
> have to tell somebody. So what is the preferred directory layout? And
> there is no Journal  in Trial1, right?

The Trial1 file based system is documented here:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Trial1_Software

We have no journal so the files kids open and save are placed in the
home directory and backed up on the school server.

Let's be careful about cluttering the home directory since the user
interface (a file picker for most activities) does not really scale a
lot.

I hope this clarifies but feel free to ask any further question.

Marco