[sugar] more on sugar performance

Jim Gettys jg
Thu Sep 21 12:09:20 EDT 2006

BTW, I did take a pretty good look at the wire encoding for DBUS several
years ago: Havoc did a nice job there.

How good the implementation of libraries on top are is a different
question.  And whether the messaging is sane in terms of how many
messages get sent in different directions is yet another question.

So it is likely to me that time spent there, rather than redesigning the
wire protocol, is most likely to be worthwhile.

But before spending time on that, I'd like to see some profiling to show
it is important relative to other things we could be optimizing.
                               Regards,
                                        - Jim

--
Jim Gettys