[sugar] more on sugar performance

Ivan Krstić krstic
Thu Sep 21 09:24:41 EDT 2006

Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> This way perhaps we would know about some processor
> intensive spots that should be optimized (python-dbus, perhaps?)

At the risk of Blizzard shooting me, I should point out that I'm really
not at all convinced that D-BUS is the bus we should use. Its design and
performance characteristics make it suitable for use on general
desktops, but I can't help but feel we can do better for our use case.

This is (largely) moot for revision1 of the software, but is something I
want to look into more carefully.

--
Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D