[sugar] "Newbie" question

MBurns maburns
Fri Sep 8 23:09:44 EDT 2006

Two pretty newbie questions for getting Sugar running on a stock Fedora 5
(latest patches installed).

When I run "./sugar-jhbuild build" appears to go fine until it errors out on
module 8. This also seems like an easy fix, but not sure where I should be
going. How do I install/fix this missing module?

configure: WARNING: *** TIFF loader will not be built (TIFF library not
found) ***
configure: error:
*** Checks for TIFF loader failed. You can build without it by passing
*** --without-libtiff to configure but some programs using GTK+ may
*** not work properly
*** error during stage configure of gtk+: Error running ./autogen.sh
--prefix /home/mburns/sugar-jhbuild/build  --disable-static
--disable-gtk-doc *** [8/21]

The documentation on the wiki seems to be good assuming everything works,
but if it doesn't, the wiki doesn't outline many clear fixes. I'd love to
document what I learn here, and from my own experimentation. Thanks all.

Michael Burns
Network Engineering
Oregon State University