[sugar] Integration with web apps (and Moodle specifically!)

Ivan Krstić krstic
Sun Sep 3 00:57:24 EDT 2006

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> One is the API to talk to sugar and other services (identity, group mgmt).

D-Bus.

> The other is deployment framework for the school or teacher machine,
> which is probably more powerful, or (more importantly) just dedicated
> to being a server.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'deployment framework'. Can
you elaborate?

> But this is a for a client-server scenario. Clients are
> using Sugar+Gecko I assume

Right. Sugar uses XULRunner, which embeds Gecko.

> so I will be focusing on trimming HTML to
> see if we can lower in-memory footprint of rendered pages inside
> Gecko.

In general, unless you have outrageously bad markup that e.g. contains
all styling inline, your time is probably better spent just making sure
you don't output any very long pages, instead offering pagination
wherever possible.

--
Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D