[sugar] Integration with web apps (and Moodle specifically!)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff
Sun Sep 3 00:50:51 EDT 2006

On 9/3/06, Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Ian Bicking wrote:
> > students won't generally install Moodle on their
> > personal computers.
>
> Maybe I misunderstood; I thought this was what Martin was asking about.

Moodle is web-based groupware (it's actually a lot more than that, but
in this context... ) so an install on each user's machine isn't very
useful ;-) What is useful is a shared install on a school server or on
the teacher's machine.

I did talk with Jim a while ago about being able to use Moodle while
disconnected, which makes me wonder:

 - How likely is it that through mesh networking connectivity with the
school server will be good? (and therefore disconnected operation not
so important)

 - Does Sugar have XUL support or the OLPC include xulrunner? If so, I
may write a XUL-based "smart" moodle client. That's a lot of work
though...

cheers,

martin