[sugar] First time Sugar user's experiences

Ivan Krstić krstic
Mon Oct 30 21:38:54 EST 2006

Teus Benschop wrote:
> Implementing security features to block legacy applications

Not at all; that legacy apps wouldn't work by default is merely a
side-effect of the fact that installing and launching programs will work
somewhat differently on our systems than it does on regular UNIX boxes.

Now, the security console will let users disable security mechanisms,
including the one responsible for the above, but that's not what I was
asking about. I'm asking whether Chris has thoughts on how much effort
we want to expend on supporting legacy apps in general, since it's
doable (from the security side of things) to run legacy apps without
having to turn off the protections, it just requires some work.

--
Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D