[sugar] Abiword on the OLPC?

Justin Gallardo gallardj
Thu Oct 26 05:56:07 EDT 2006

Hey everyone,
I wanted to give an update to everyone with where I am on the AbiWord
project. I have uploaded the source of the project to the olpc git
tree at git://dev.laptop.org/projects/abiword-olpc . Please take a
look and see if you can get it running.

I have it running great using a sugar-jhbuild, but have yet to get it
working with the development board. It would seem that with the latest
build, there were three libraries missing on the dev board. These
include the following:
    enchant-devel
    fribidi-devel
    libgsf-devel

The first two, I was able to install easily with yum, but the last one
has caused some issues. It is failing on a dependancy for HAL and
DBUS, two things that seem as if they should already be installed. I
am sharing the dev board with another guy, so I haven't had a chance
to just try and force the install with --force, but will as soon as I
get the chance.

I hope that others are able to get the activity to work as well. I
admittingly have never made an RPM before, and am working on it right
now, but thought that I should get the source out there as soon as
possible. Please feel free to give me some input on the project, as I
would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

--
Justin Gallardo
Network Engineering