[sugar] GConf?

Dan Williams dcbw
Thu Oct 19 20:15:42 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 14:43 -0500, Matt Hoosier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is OLPC planning to include GConf? When doing a jhbuild of sugar,

No, unless there is a very good reason.

> GConf is eventually dragged in as a linking dependency of libgnomeui,

The jhbuild environment won't replicate the actual OLPC environment by
definition, and it would be a bunch of work to try to do so...  You also
will have a bunch of libraries accessible to activities running in the
jhbuild environment that are on your local system.  So I'd expect other
stuff to get dragged in anyway.

I think the "canonical" SDK would be an OLPC devel image run in vmware
or qemu.  Possibly updated with gcc if needed.  That's the only way you
can be sure nothing from your normal desktop/laptop system is sneaking
in.

Dan