[sugar] Shortcuts

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Wed Oct 11 10:57:03 EDT 2006

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> What shortcuts are defined and anticipated for Sugar?
>
> I learned the hard way that ALt-C closes the current activity. Also,
> Alt-P does not come through to Squeak so something else is using that.

See shell/data/kbdconfig for the keys the window manager is currently
handling. Also sugar/README has informations about global shell keybindings.

Note that these are only the current status and not by design. On the
olpc keyboard we will have a bunch of special keys to activate the
frame, the chat etc... I'm not sure if there plans to use also some
Alt+key combinations, I'm ccing Eben in case he has ideas about this
already.

> If an activity supports shortcuts, what modifier should it use? Alt
> and Ctrl are the obvious candidates.

AFAIK this has not been discussed yet. It might make sense to use the
GNOME guidelines (or some variation of those).
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/input-keyboard.html#shortcuts

Marco