[sugar] Squeak / Etoys RPMs

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Tue Oct 10 21:18:30 EDT 2006

>> 2 Define the user experience, i.e. figure out how we want to
>> integrate external content inside activities in concrete (for
>> example, what do we want to happen when the user click a link to a
>> pdf file in the browser?) -> Architect a simple system that can
>> satisfy these requirements -> Implement it
>
> I don't see how we can reasonably justify specially setting up a
> customized system for dealing with flashcard data.  Setting up special
> sharing mechanisms for every activity also seems difficult.

The point is not to special case every activity, some level of
abstraction is necessary and sane. The point is that the abstraction
needs to satisfy the requirements of the most important use cases. Where
use cases means facts of the user experience design rather than
hypothetical uses of a certain system.

Marco