[sugar] Squeak / Etoys RPMs

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Mon Oct 9 05:04:48 EDT 2006

Ivan Krsti? wrote:
> Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>
>> What still need to be figured out is the build system for bundles. I
>> will discuss this further and post more on the list about it tonight or
>> tomorrow.
>>

> What specifically do you mean by `build system` in this context?

Two issues here basically:

* How do we pack executable code and resources in an activity bundle?
distutils, setuptools, auto*, something else? I don't think we want to
force people to use *one* build system but there should be at least a
suggested/documented one.
* I think Dan wrote the bundles spec to support also non-python
activities. For unmanaged languages, C/C++ for example, how do we ensure
that executables will work on the target machines (for example use a
compatible toolchain)?

Marco