[sugar] Squeak / Etoys RPMs

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Sat Oct 7 04:27:32 EDT 2006

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I built RPMs for the Squeak virtual machine and the Etoys Sugar
> activity. Since the etoys.laptop.org address is not operational yet, I
> uploaded them here:
>
>     http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/sugar/rpm/

Cool, looking forward to try them out!

> I verified they work on the A-test board with build 91. However, in
> that build there is a rather old version of Sugar (well, old on our
> time scale) so the Etoys icon does not show up correctly.
>
> What can we do to get a more recent version into build 92? What is the
> procedure that determines what packages at which version go into a build?

The next build will have the latest sugar. We actually have everything
on the sugar side already built, we are blocking on some X packages issues.

The build has the latest rpm we build. In the past we have been a bit
slow at updating sugar, mainly because of the dependencies changes which
required a consistent amount of time to be solved. I expect this to
improve though. Also when you need a new sugar in the build feel free to
ping me.

> MarcoPG: the etoys rpm spec file is right in the etoys git repository.

Excellent, thank you!

Marco