[sugar] "Garden": A (currently hypothetical) Sugar library for sharing state between Activity participants

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Tue Nov 28 05:25:19 EST 2006

>>> A thread would probably be necessary to wait for new messages coming in
>>>
>> >from the network, and a Lock for the entire shared object as well.
>>
>> I imagine the message listener could also be part of the GTK event loop.
>>

> Hm, I hadn't thought of that.  Now, I may be a complete dummy and
> perhaps sockets work differently under Python than I'm used to, but
> wouldn't the read() call block until a message arrived?
>
> I guess that will really depend on how the messaging API turns out.

We want to use something higher level than socket for messaging and
whatever that is, it can have an async interface integrated with the
glib mainloop.

Marco