[sugar] Error while launching sugar on Edgy

bryan barnard raphael.barnard
Mon Nov 20 13:22:42 EST 2006

Hi,

I tried removing the NetworkManager, and adding the applet conf file
to /etc/dbus-1/system.d . 'sugar-jhbuild run' runs without errors,
although obviously it complains about the lack of the
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager service.

As for the the previous configuration (NetworkManager installed), I
needed the <allow own ... > line in the configuration, because my
basic configuration in /etc/dbus-1/system.conf says <deny own="*"/>
(this is unaltered ubuntu install of package dbus).

So, two working solutions for the "DBusException: Connection is not
allowed to own the service "org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerInfo" "
problem.

Cheers,

Raphael