[sugar] Re: patch - editable GeckoEmbed subclass

Robert Staudinger robert.staudinger
Sun Jul 30 20:00:01 EDT 2006

On 7/29/06, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpg at redhat.com> wrote:

> > Yeah, on a second thought I'd like to propose the following
> > "refactorings":
> > + Move to LGPL. Seems you are the only one credited so far so it
> > should be easy if it is ok for you. Maybe some day it should go into
> > the gnome platform and GPL is a problem for that ...
> > + Rename src/ to gecko-embed/ as mentioned above, that would allow for
> > subclassing by library consumers (without hacks like conditional
> > includes in public headers, that is).
> > + Rename GeckoEmbed to GeckoBrowser and geckoembed.Embed to
> > geckoembed.Browser. That would make more sense with a subclass called
> > GeckoEditor/geckoembed.Editor.
> > + (not as important) rename gecko-embed.pc to gecko-embed-1.pc and
> > libgeckoembed.so to libgeckoembed-1.so so we are prepared for more
> > major versions if need be.
> >
> > Would be great if we could do that now before there's a precious cvs
> > history to lose / manual intervention required.
>
> These all sounds good! Do you feel like making these changes in cvs (and
> get the editor stuff in at the same time) ?

Done except for the relicensing. Galeon and epiphany heritage are
making that a bit more involved.

The OLPC's browser app will need fixing (geckoembed.Embed to
geckoembed.Browser).
Give me an accound and I'll do it ;-)

- Rob