[sugar] dbus error while building sugar

Shankar Pokharel memshankar
Sat Jul 15 12:59:20 EDT 2006

Marco, I'm very very sorry for posting here and there.

I tried to build the Sugar in Fedora Core 5 with the steps given in OLPC
wiki: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Fedora_Core

In the last step "Run Sugar", I get following console o/p:

[root at localhost sugar--devel]# ./sugar/sugar
Running sugar from . ...
Redirecting output to the console, press ctrl+d to open it.
./cut-n-paste/google.py:58: DeprecationWarning: SOAPpy not imported. Trying
legacy SOAP.py.
  import GoogleSOAPFacade
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./sugar/sugar", line 77, in ?
    session.start()
  File "./sugar/session/session.py", line 12, in start
    shell.main()
  File "./sugar/shell/shell.py", line 393, in main
    console = ConsoleLogger()
  File "./sugar/shell/shell.py", line 337, in __init__
    session_bus = dbus.SessionBus()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dbus/_dbus.py", line 266, in
__new__
    return Bus.__new__(cls, Bus.TYPE_SESSION, use_default_mainloop, private)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dbus/_dbus.py", line 99, in __new__
    bus._connection = dbus_bindings.bus_get(bus_type, private)
  File "dbus_bindings.pyx", line 1695, in dbus_bindings.bus_get
dbus_bindings.DBusException: No reply within specified time
[root at localhost sugar--devel]#

I did complete all the steps above that.