[sugar] Presence Service DBus API notes on wiki

Dan Williams dcbw
Fri Jul 14 07:13:34 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 10:16 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> Dan Williams wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've put up what's currently going to be the presence service's DBus API
> > here:
> >
> > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Presence_Service_DBus_API
> >
> > Please comment on the API in replies to this message, if you have
> > comments.  The PresenceService is essentially a thin shim over Avahi
> > that interprets OLPC/Sugar-specific mDNS service announcements, and
> > organizes them into shared activities.  It is also the mechanism by
> > which information about buddies and activities is retrieved, like buddy
> > icons, /whois-type information, etc.
> >
> Looks cool, Dan. Nice work.

Any comments? :)  Can you think of any operations that we currently need
to do that won't fit into this API?  We don't need the
track_service_type()/untrack_service_type() stuff since the PS will now
be global; though that stuff could be done in the thin Python shim that
we'll need to make the dbus stuff somewhat simpler.

Dan