[sugar] Speed, X, Cairo

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Mon Jul 10 16:42:39 EDT 2006

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> Carl Worth said at GUADEC that he would focus on performance now that
> Cairo 1.2 is out.
>
> How much of Cairo does Sugar use, or at least its theme engine?

Sugar theme engine is fully written with Cairo. There are probably
specific things that could use optimization. Gradients for example are
apparently very slow.
We are probably going to use cairo, outside of the theme engine, to draw
the "Home" page.
> Is it feasible for OLPC to pick up a newer version of Cairo, Xrender,
> and friends once they get fixed?

As long as it fits with our time constraints that should be feasible...

Marco