[sugar] sugar-jhbuild breakage (something to do with expat)

Alex Gibson agibson
Sat Dec 30 03:33:47 EST 2006

Gonzalo Odiard wrote:

>>     You are installed enchant-devel?
>>
>>     Gonzalo
>     No I hadn't.
>
>     Thats another to add to the install instructions
>     on http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Fedora_Core_5
>

> Yes.
>
> With the addition of abiword to sugar y must install libgsf-devel,
> libgnomeprint22-devel,  libgnomeprintui22-devel, enchant-devel and
> fribidi-devel.
>
> Gonzalo

Thanks.
Didn't have fribidi-devel  installed.

Now libabiword and pyabiword build fine.

Just getting an error building mozilla.Same as earlier.

../../dist/lib/components/libeditor.a:  member
../../dist/lib/components/libeditor.a (nsEditor.o) in archive is not an
object
collect2:  ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [libxul.so] Error1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
'/tmp/sugar-jhbuild/source/mozilla/toolkit/library'
gmake[1]: *** [tier_50] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/sugar-jhbuild/source/mozilla'
make: *** [default] Error 2

Another package I'm missing ?

yum install mozilla mozilla-devel
No Match for argument:  mozilla
No Match for argument:  mozilla-devel

So what are the correct packages ?

I have firefox and firefox-devel installed.

I've added the extra packages to the list
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Fedora_Core_5
or would it be better to have separate pages for core 5 and core 6 ?

Thank you

Alex