[sugar] Attn: sortof breaking sugar-jhbuild

J.M. Maurer uwog
Sat Dec 23 10:54:17 EST 2006

Hola,

On Macro's request, I created a meta-sugar-framework module in
sugar-framework, that will contain sugar, but also libraries which are
not used by sugar but are used by the activities.

Also, a writing activity has been reinstated, based on libabiword and
python bindings. This activity now includes 1) only word based
selections, and 2) selecting of paragraphs by clicking in the right
margin, per Ivan's request.

The AbiWord widget that is used is a work in progress, so except wacko
rendering :) Next on the list: getting the content out in a specific
format, like crossmark, html or anything else that AbiWord supports.

About the sugar-jhbuild breaking: when libabiword is compiled, jhbuild
does not understand that we do not use Makefiles, but use GNUmakefiles
instead, causing the build to fail. When it does, just choose the
"force_configure" option once, and you'll be all set. I hope Marco can
fix this soonish.

Cheers,
  Marc