[sugar] Abiword based write activity

msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au msevior
Thu Dec 21 08:14:57 EST 2006

> Hello,
>
> Jim announced the schedule for BTest-2. The deadline for submitting new
> activities is Jan 2.
>
> I think what we have in abiword-olpc is a great base for a write
> activity. Can we port it over the new pyabiword API? Being a rewrite we
> would need something that doesn't regress the old abiword activity
> functionality by Jan 2.
>
> Once this is up and working I can start integrating it with the journal
> and get rid of open/save buttons.

Hi Marco,
          There has been a lot of work put into pyabiword and the abiword
widget. It now provides a small left margin where users can
select paragraph at a click and selections are made per word. In
addition the buttons like undo,redo, bold, italic, left align
etc change state the with the current state of the document.

I think that Marc will find the time to update the AbiWord activity with
this  Real Soon Now.

Cheers

Martin