[sugar] Runtime problems on Ubuntu edgy (6.10)

Mike Hunter mhunter
Wed Dec 20 18:58:08 EST 2006

On Dec 18 at 18:27, To Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

> On Dec 12 at 09:57, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>
> > I have installed libfribidi-dev. Could you check that it was what was
> > missing? And perhaps update the wiki afterwards?
> >
> > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Ubuntu_Linux
>
> Just FTR, I'm still working on things.  I managed to get abiword to
> compile, but then unfortunately I did `./sugar-jhbuild` instead of
> `./sugar-jhbuild run`, which caused it to suck down new source files,
> which subsequently didn't compile :(  IIRC moz-plugin.c couldn't find
> npapi.h.  I'm still working on that little treasure, but I've been out
> of town.
>
> I went ahead and added libfribidi-dev to the wiki, and I'll document
> whatever else I come across.  And I'll surely be back for more help :)

...but now, I've been waiting for squeakvm.org to return to planet
earth.  It's been down for several days:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2006-December/112162.html

Is there a supported way to build "stable releases" of sugar from
source?

Thanks,

Mike