[sugar] Develop Activity

Antoine van Gelder hummingbird
Tue Dec 19 00:45:15 EST 2006

Andrew Clunis wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 12:43:41PM -0600, Ian Bicking wrote:
>> Ah, directories, filenames, and compound documents -- the big open
>> issues in the document store / journal.
>
> I had a terrible, sinful idea here: how about making a directory with
> some contents a discrete document type in the docstore/journal?

*excitedly sticks his voting hand in the air*

I _really_ like this idea.

Leaving implementation complexity questions aside for the moment it
seems to me that this is a great way to move to a tagged model without
throwing out the hierarchical baby with the bathwater.

I suppose it would be asking too much that individual files within a
'directory document' could still be tagged ?

*duck*

  - a