[sugar] Re: Compressed speech for voice overs?

Alan Kay alan.kay
Sun Dec 17 10:14:00 EST 2006

Thanks very much!

The 4kbsVBR seems to work very well. We'll
compare it with our stuff, but offhand I think speex is better.

We will also try it with child voices (usually as
you go up in pitch things get worse even though
the formants remain almost the same, as can be
heard from the 4bps male vs 4bps female).

Cheers,

Alan